ALL AMERICAN RAFFLE (effective 5/3/2022)
TUESDAY November 22, 2022 JACKPOT $5,343
- Drawing to be held on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm
- Tickets are 5 for $5
- Must be present to win. Winner gets to open ONE window only.
- Winner will receive the amount of money indicated, in the amount of ($10), ($15), ($20), ($40), ($60) or the JACKPOT.
- The raffle is over when the JACKPOT window is opened. In order to claim the JACKPOT, winner must provide their current membership card from one of the Veteran’s organizations listed below and a photo id.
- The JACKPOT winner is responsible for all income taxes and must complete all required tax forms.
- The JACKPOT will be paid on the following business day after the JACKPOT is won.
- Only one (1) ticket will be drawn per week.
- When the ticket number is drawn and called, the person holding that ticket has ten (10) minutes to provide the winning ticket to the gaming person(s) handling the raffle.
- All tickets sold for the week’s drawing will be destroyed at the end of the day of the drawing.
- The money continues to “roll over” until the JACKPOT is hit.
- The raffle concludes when the JACKPOT is hit.
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- The following are eligible to participate in the raffle (must present CURRENT membership card):
- Current members or Associate members – American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, Sons of the Legion, VFW, Navy Club, 40/8, AmVets, DAV, Marine Corps League
- Guests of Post 11 members (Legion, Auxiliary, SAL)
‡ MUST be signed in on the Guest Registry
‡ Post member MUST be present (with CURRENT membership card).
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC QUEEN OF HEARTS DRAWING (effective 7/14/2021)
FRIDAY November 25, 2022 JACKPOT $ 12,712
- The drawing is open to the public.
- You must be 18 years old to enter.
- You do not need to be present to win.
- The drawing will begin on July 23, 2021 and will be held on Friday* at 7:00 pm.
- Tickets will be on sale during normal Post hours 7 days per week.
- Tickets sales will stop at 6:45 pm on the day of the drawing.
- Ticket price = $5 per ticket.
- *Any changes will be announced, posted in writing at the Post, and on the website.
What to do with your ticket once you’ve purchased it.
- Your legal name (NO NICKNAMES), phone number AND the board number choice (if you will NOT be present at the time of the drawing) must be written legibly on the back of the ticket. Stamps with name and phone number are encouraged.
- Only ONE name per ticket.
- Tickets must be filled out, AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, and placed in the container; tickets are NOT allowed to leave the building.
- No labels of any kind (ie address labels) are allowed to be adhered to the ticket.
- Any ticket that is bent, folded or mutilated in any way by the buyer will be voided and disqualified from the drawing.
- The drawing will take place at 7:00 pm on Friday * (subject to change as noted above).
- Ticket sales will cease at 6:45 pm on the day of the drawing.
- Only ONE ticket will be drawn each week. If the winner is not present and has not written the required information on the back of the ticket (see above), that ticket will be void.
- When the Post reaches the building’s occupancy limit, no one else will be permitted into the Post. You will have your name recorded and you may wait outside for the announcement of the winner, or you may go home and be counted as present. If your name is pulled and you have been denied access to the building because of capacity, the number recorded on your ticket will be picked on your behalf.
- Winners that are not present will be notified, at the phone number provided on their ticket, on the evening of the drawing.
- All tickets will be disposed of after each week’s drawing.
- Each Queen of Hearts board contains 52 standard playing cards and 2 jokers.
- There is no limit to the size of the Jackpot.
- Queen of Hearts – 100% of the Queen’s Jackpot if winner is present; 50% if not present
- Queen of Diamonds, Clubs & Spades – 10% of the Queen’s Jackpot if winner is present; 5% if not present
- Kings, Jacks, 10s (all suits) - $50 if winner is present; $25 if not present
- Aces (all suits) - $100 if winner is present; $50 if not present
- 2-9 (all suits) - $25 whether winner is present or not
- 1st Joker drawn – 15% of the Queen’s Jackpot if winner is present, 7.5% if not present
- 2nd Joker drawn – 15% of the Queen’s Jackpot if winner is present; 7.5% if not present AND will reset the board with the remaining Queen’s Jackpot carrying forward to the next board.
- Serial numbers on winning tickets will be verified before the prize is paid out.
- Any ticket not sold by American Legion Post 11 will be disqualified and the person whose name is on the ticket will be barred from participating in any future events.
Collecting your winnings
- Winners that are not present must collect winnings within 72 hours (pending verification) or forfeit.
- Winners must have a government issued photo ID to collect any prize.
- By law, the American Legion is required to withhold 25% of any prize over $5000 for taxes.
- Any person winning $1199 or more must fill out and sign a 1099 Tax Form.